PRAYER REQUESTS for SHORELINE INTERCESSORS –FEBRUARY 2016
FEB 2016 SHORELINE PRAYER LIST
Theme verse (2016): EPH.3:20 – “HE…is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine.”
Attribute of God for this month’s focus: GOD’S OMNIPOTENCE (MT.19:26)…With God everything is possible!
HAVE YOU CONSIDERED HOW HIGH AND IMPORTANT YOUR PLACE IS IN GOD’S KINGDOM AS AN INTERCESSOR? DO YOU REALIZE THAT WHAT YOU EARNESTLY PUT INTO PRAYER CAN MOVE THE HAND OF GOD AND CHANGE OUR HISTORY?
PRAY FIRST FOR YOUR CHURCH, THEN FOR THE REQUESTS MENTIONED BELOW:
IS THIS A YEAR OF BREAKTHROUGH? Sometimes we try and try and try to get something accomplished to no avail. But with one more try, it happens. There’s a break through. We believe that a couple of milestones have taken place at the end of this year, breakthroughs that have opened some very positive doors for Christ’s Body in Shoreline. This has encouraged us to focus on fewer targets, but double down on how much and how intensively we pray for those areas. And we also want to promote some meditation along with your prayers. You can do no better than to pray the scriptures back to the Lord. So having a heart full of God’s Word, the way He sees that this world is to be ordered, we can simply pray with confidence over a particular subject, using God’s Word, “Lord, may the truth of Your Word become real in this situation.”
PRAY FOR THESE BREAK THROUGHS:
1. COMMUNICATION – In order to more effectively communicate with Christ’s Body in Shoreline, not only to promote unity, but also be help us be more effective in serving our community TOGETHER in the name of Christ we are extending our communication through a WEBSITE (www.churchofshoreline.org) and a FACEBOOK page. Pray that these means of enhanced communication will be accessed by many local church members, and that it will have the intended effect. It can be powerful. We are also sending newsletters to church leaders via a better email program, Mail Chimp. Pray for that too.
2. PRAYING TOGETHER – The Feb 4th prayer meeting will be history to many of you who read this prayer list. But we need to keep pressing on with all kinds of prayer. Pray for our plans for the National Day of Prayer, May 5th.
3. ELECTION YEAR PRAYER – While much of the emphasis this year is on external (top down) changes that can be made politically, pray that God’s people will work together to see internal (bottom up) changes in the moral fabric of our citizens. Laws are necessary, but a moral, spiritual awakening will do far more for our country.
OTHER GENERAL PRAYER REQUESTS, NOT CATEGORIZED:
1. Pray that our encouragements of the Church of Shoreline to close the gap to feed all the hungry students will be heeded, and that this need will be completely met soon.
2. Pray for an increase to 25 Celebrate Recovery programs in Shoreline within ten years.
3. Pray for divine protection from the increase in violence across this land as well as in the world. Pray for divine encounters of Muslims with the risen Lord, and especially with those fighting for ISIL (Damascus road experiences)!
4. We need persons to represent the spheres of EDUCATION and HEALTHCARE on our council.
5. Pray for more local churches to become involved monthly in Pray Shoreline (Operation Rolling Thunder). Contacts with church leaders have been made, but key intercessors in churches still need to be discovered.
6. Pray for more ways local churches can serve our community such as community dinners, homeless housing, foster homes (permanent and temporary), weekend food packs, tutoring, mentoring, etc. Pray for an annual joint serve day next August.
7. Pray that the Lord would supernaturally “redeem” Ronna’s Video on Aurora and Déjà Vu on Lake City Way.
8. Pray for the homeless especially during this cold season. There is a small homeless camp on 10th Ave NE near 185th St. Pray also for Mary’s Place North, transitional housing for homeless families.
9. Prince of Peace and other Lake City churches are providing cold weather shelters. Volunteers are needed. Contact Prince of Peace Lutheran Church.
PRAISES: 1) We praise God for a positive start to our new Church of Shoreline website, as well as our Facebook page. We’ve received some good feedback. 2) Pastor Saheed Abadini was finally released from prison in Iran for proselytizing.
PRAY FOR EACH OF THE SEVEN SPHERES OF SOCIETY (MAJOR AREAS THAT INFLUENCE CULTURE)…
1. Business (includes the economy, science & technology, sales, and service and even small family-owned businesses)
2. Media (includes arts & entertainment, music, TV, internet, sports, fashion, books, etc.)
3. Church/religion (includes all religions, Christian and otherwise)
4. Education (includes public and private schools, colleges and home schools)
5. Family (the social sector that includes marriages, children, individuals, extended family, etc.)
6. Government (includes all levels of government [local, county, state and federal], police, firefighters, military, etc.)
7. Healthcare (includes physicians, hospitals, clinics, caregivers, insurance, etc.)
GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS TO PRAY FOR 2016
NATIONAL OFFICIALS TO PRAY FOR 2016
President – Barack Obama, Vice-President – Joe Biden
Our Senators – Patty Murray, Maria Cantwell
Our Representative – Jim McDermott
Supreme Court Justices:
Chief Justice – John Roberts
Associate Justices – Atonin Scalia, Anthony Kennedy, Clarence Thomas, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Samuel Alito, Jr., Sonia Sotomayor, Elena Kagan
Secretary of State – John Kerry, Secretary of Treasury – Jacob Lew, Secretary of Defense – Ashton Carter, Attorney General – Loretta Lynch, Secretary of Interior – Sally Jewel, Secretary of Labor – Thomas Perez
Secretary of Agriculture – Tom Vilsack, Secretary of Health and Human Services – Sylvia Burwell, Secretary of Energy – Ernest Moniz, Secretary of Commerce – Penny Pritzker, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development – Julian Castro, Secretary of Veterans Affairs – Robert McDonald, Secretary of Homeland Security – Jeh Johnson
Secretary of Education – Arne Duncan, Secretary of Transportation – Anthony Foxx
STATE OFFICIALS TO PRAY FOR
Governor – Jay Inslee
Senator – Maralyn Chase
Representatives – Cindy Ryu, Ruth Kagi
SHORELINE OFFICIALS TO PRAY FOR
City Manager – Debbie Tarry
Mayor – Chris Roberts; Deputy Mayor – Shari Winstead
Councilmembers – Keith McGlashan, Jesse Salomon, Doris McConnell, Will Hall, and, Keith Scully
Police Chief – Shawn Ledford; Fire Chief – Matt Cowan
School Superintendent – Rebecca Miner
President, Shoreline Community College – Dr. Cheryl Roberts
LAKE FOREST PARK OFFICIALS TO PRAY FOR
City Administrator – Pete Rose
Mayor – Jeff Johnson
Deputy Mayor – Catherine Stanford
Councilmembers – John Wright, Tom French, Hilda Thompson, Mark Phillips, John Resha, and Phillippa Kassover
Police Chief – C. Stephen Sutton